The how exactly to setup APA formatting in Word 2016
Instructions to format an APA paper in Word 2016:
- APA format requires certain font formatting. To begin with, open a new document in Word while making sure the house tab is selected. In the Font Group, s et your font to Times New Roman, size 12 pt.
- Next, while in the Home tab, search for the Paragraph group, and then click on the bottom right hand arrow. Once the Paragraph dialog box appears, replace the settings to Double line spacing and make certain to set the before and after spacing to 0pt. Close the window.
- To begin setting up your title page, choose the Center paragraph alignment located in the Paragraph group in the Home tab.
- Now type the title of the paper,and hit Enter on the keyboard to move to your next line. Next, type your name, hit Enter from the keyboard again, and type “NWTC” (or “Northeast Wisconsin Technical College”) all entries must certanly be on separate lines.
- The title page information should down be farther the page. Position the insertion point/cursor before the start of title. Press Enter several times to put the text into the top third of this page. It should not be any lower than halfway down the page.
- To begin the page that is second position the insertion point/cursor at the conclusion of the word “College” (or after “NWTC”). Click the Insert tab in order to find the Pages group, then Page Break. Click on thePage Break button to move to your first type of page 2. Then, type the title of your press and essay enter.
- To set up the first sentence of the essay, get back to the Paragraph group in the Home tab, and set the text to left-align.
- Press Tab once (on the try these out keyboard) to indent the paragraph that is first and begin typing.
- You may be now ready to set within the header. Scroll back as much as the top of the document, and double-click any place in the area that is blank the top the page. This will open the header. It also selects the style tab for you. Check out the choices group, then check out the “Different First Page” box. Do that before you type anything in the header.
To incorporate your page numbers, go through the Design tab
- Then choose the Page Number option, choose “Top of Page”, and then choose “Plain Number 1”. (If you simply type a number, that number is going to be on each page.)
- Now, type the writing “Running head:” and the title of your essay. Be sure to place the title associated with the essay in ALL CAPS, and do not capitalize “head”.
- Press the Tab key twice to maneuver the page number over to the right margin. (HINT: In headers and footers, the tab moves that are key three position, left justified, center justified, and right justified)
- Now, scroll down and soon you see the header space for page 2. Insert the page number utilising the exact same process as in steps 9, 10, and 11 above. The only real difference is that these pages will likely not require the words “Running head.” Just type the title of one’s essay in most CAPS.
- You have finally finished setting up your document in APA format. Double-click anywhere in the body that is main of document to close the header view (or click the Close Header and Footer button). Head to page 2 to keep typing your essay. We strongly recommend that at this point you “Save As” your paper to preserve all of the formatting just done.
- When you have completed your paper, it is important to include a separate page at the finish for your References.